Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Another Gay Republican (yawn)

Former Chairman of the Republican National Committee, Ken Mehlman, now admits that he is gay.

He says it took him a long time to come to grips with his orientation.  Apparently, he was the last to know -- his homosexuality has been an open secret in Washington since he first worked for the worst president in history, George W. Bush.

Mehlman spent years raising millions of dollars for hate-mongering Republicans.  He now raises millions of dollars for himself at the KKR equity fund in New York.  Having set himself up in life, he now feels secure enough to come out.
"...over the past few months, I've told my family, friends, former colleagues, and current colleagues, and they've been wonderful and supportive. The process has been something that's made me a happier and better person. It's something I wish I had done years ago."
Too bad his past support for anti-gay politicians has made life less secure and even dangerous for a few million gays and lesbians across the country.  Perhaps Mehlman will send each of them a few dollars out of his next bonus check.

UPDATE:  My headline is not nearly as good as the one at Joe. My. God.

Repulsive Anti-Gay Quisling Homophobic Scumbag Asshat Closeted Former RNC Chair Ken Mehlman Has Come Out

No comments: