Friday, March 02, 2007

Bigot of the Month

The city commission of Largo, Florida voted to fire the city manager because he revealed that he is a transsexual and planning to undergo gender reassignment surgery. Fourteen years of excellent public service by the city manager was not enough to overcome religious bigotry in the Sunshine State.

Ann Coulter, while addressing the Conservative Political Action Committee, brayed “I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, but it turns that out you have to go into rehab if you use the word ‘faggot,’ so I — so I'm kind of at an impasse, can’t really talk about Edwards.”

Of course, liberals are not allowed to engage in Coulter-style name-calling or they are classified as "unserious" and "incivil." So we will just point out that Ms. Coulter will soon be shaving her head and checking in at an anger management center.

And former basketball star Tim Hardaway recently announced "You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States.'' This was in response to the revelation by former NBA player John Amaechi that he is (and always was) gay. Obviously, Hardaway only wants straight men to see his penis.

No comments: