Sunday, September 10, 2006

Dust to Dust

Summer's almost over and Maggie's shedding should be coming to an end soon. So I was conducting my annual under-the-bed dusting when out rolled the Dust Bunny From Hell. At least that's what I thought it was at first glance. Yet there was something special about this glob of dog hair and dust. After staring at it for a few seconds I realized that this dust bunny wasn't from hell -- it was a sign from heaven above!!

Yes, as incredible as it seems, my dog's cast-off hair had formed an amazing likeness of Jesus. Mirabile dictu!

Maybe I shouldn't be so surprised to find Jesus' head rolling around under my bed. After all, "god" is "dog" spelled backward and Maggie sheds so much it's a fucking miracle.

Almost as quickly as I recognized the Son of God on the end of my Swiffer I realized that pagan naysayers would claim that it was just a common clot of canine undercoat. Oh, Ye of little faith! That is why I took a picture of the miracle and then carefully placed it in a plastic bag to preserve it until I can sell it on eBay. See for yourself.


UPDATE 9/22/06: Looks like Maggie's Holy Hair has some competition from Angus' anus. Angus MacDougall is a terrier mix with an amazing likeness of Jesus on his ass. Of course, Maggie's ass could have a treasure map tattooed on it and I wouldn't know because I don't spend a whole lot of time staring at it.

No comments: