Friday, July 28, 2006

Heaven Bound

We are heading off for {cliché alert} a well-deserved vacation. Hopefully, Canada will be cooler than DC. We already know it is more rational and peaceful.

One worry I have is that the Rapture will interrupt our vacation. With all that is going on in the Middle East, in general, and the "Promised Land," in particular, now seems as good a time as any for the Apocalypse. I mean, how are we supposed to cross the border if half the guards have been called back to heaven?

Apparently, I'm not alone is such concerns -- or should I say "hopes"? Texas televangelist John Hagee preaches that the end is nigh, at least for all you heathens out there. I've actually been on Capitol Hill when his lobbying organization, Christians United for Israel, was going around urging politicians to ... what? Pray for nuclear holocaust? Other than that, I can't think of anything America doesn't already do in support of Israel -- regardless of what the Israeli government does.

My only hope is that Congress is as slow to grant Hagee's wishes as it is doing everything else. Then again, being in Canada when the civilized world goes *BOOM!* might be a better idea than staying home in DC ....

No comments: